Monday, July 11, 2011

What I Need

     Yes it's true, I don't particularly need anything aside from food, water, and shelter.  But I am, to my constant distaste, a teenage girl.  And as a petty, hormonal, teenage girl, there is one more thing to add to this list of needs. Clothes.  Yes, what a shocker.  But despite how trite this may sound: I actually do need more clothes.  I recently emptied my closet and sold a large portion of it to Once Upon A Child and the remainder will be donated to Goodwill.  Now what used to look like this...



Now looks like this....

    True, I am exaggerating a wee bit. But all things considering; I do need to buy some select new clothes that will make my closet... well I'd like to say happier.  So in the hopes that I will soon make a sizable amount of money through both cleaning my house and the little thing mentioned here, I have decided to compile a little shopping list of what I would like to buy.

    Floral Dresses:  If you know me at all you would know that I have a love-hate relationship with pants.  Some days there is nothing on earth that could force me into a pair of pants.  Plus; I love being a girl, all dressed up and prissy.



      High waisted skirts: Either floral or solid color.  Just something that I can pair with a nice sheer blouse or a simple tee depending on the mood I'm in.


     Shirts with lace:  I'm not a big fan of the all over lace tops but I do appreciate the shirts with an intricate detail on them such as lace or crochet inserts.

     
     Cardigans, Cardigans, Cardigans: I will never have too many.  I am in dire need of cardigans that I can use to layer with.  Solid, to pair with a dress, skirt, or blouse.  Bold, for a more dramatic, focus piece of the outfit.  Then, of course, floral, one can never have too many floral anything.

     These shoes: enough said. 

 
   
    Blazers: I like the preppy look.  Especially when I'm heading to my AP classes.  They just scream "I mean business".  Plus I love the versatility of them, they can easily go with anything you want to wear and can dress up any outfit.



     Snazzy tights: Pretty much all of the tights that you will find on ModCloth.  I swear that web site is my obsession, I check every couple of hours to see if there is anything new.


     Vintage inspired jewelry: Anything vintage calls to me. I love their ability to transcend time and remain beautiful and classic no matter how long they've been around.

     So now each time I go out shopping, I will have this list tight in hand.  My goal is to secure everything on this list by the time school starts so I will finally have a "happy" closet.  Happy closet = Happy Kaitlyn.  Plus I don't feel as guilty wanting these things because I know that my old clothes will be going to someone in need so, it truly is a win win situation.

All credit is given to the original owners, and designers of these pictures and clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment